||Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) are vital for our body to function.
ALA (Omega 3) and LA (Omega 6) named “essential” because they cannot be produced by our body and must be taken from our daily diet. ALA and LA are the “parents” because they can be converted to all other omega 3 (EPA and DHA) and omega 6 (GLA derivatives.
Who needs Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)?:
Udo’s 3•6•9 Oil Blend is an award-winning foundational oil that provides both essential fatty acids, Omega 3 and Omega 6, in the ratio of 2:1. It is made exclusively with 100% sustainable, organic, non-GMO, plant-based ingredients.
- Foetus/Infant – for brain development and major structural components of brain tissue (33.3% of brain fat is EFA).
- Children/Adolescents – the source of energy, enhance learning capability and concentration, reduce anxiety related to academics, and improve symptoms like sleep disturbances.
- Female – for hormone regulation, alleviate premenstrual syndrome (PMS) such as emotional changes, help to retain moisture and prevent dry skin and increase metabolism and fat burning. It also reduces the symptoms of hot flushes for menopause women.
- Pregnant mother – critical for normal development of placenta and foetus in early pregnancy. In later stages of gestation, EFAs are necessary for brain and retinal development. It also reduces the risk of postpartum depression.
- Middle age/elderly – reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol, triglycerides, and improve HDL (good) cholesterol. It also lessens rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
The production of Udo’s 3•6•9 Oil Blend begins with careful selection of raw materials from organic flax, sesame, and sunflower seeds, as well as organic coconut, evening primrose, rice bran, and oat bran oil. It is suitable for vegetarians.
To maximize the stability, nutritional value, and freshness, the seeds are pressed with the gentle mechanical pressing method (without refining, bleaching and deodorizing) in low heat, light, and oxygen-free environment.
Free from refining, bleaching, and deodorization processes, thus with shorter shelf life but free from damaging molecules.